10.00 | 11.30am
Italian-English translation is provided
PROFESSIONALS, EXPERTS, AND CITIZENS: DESIGNING THE CITIES OF TOMORROW TOGETHER
Digital technology is transforming the way we live in and inhabit urban spaces, and reshaping our collective needs and sensibilities. We need more livable, sustainable, fair, and inclusive cities, but how can we truly achieve them?
The responsibility for designing such cities falls not only on urban planners, architects, and engineers, but also involves philosophers, inclusion experts, and urban economists, who specialize in analyzing the complex relationship between economic activities and territories.
Carlo Ratti, Director, MIT Senseable City Lab
Architect and engineer, Carlo Ratti teaches at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston, USA, where he directs the MIT Senseable City Lab. Esquire magazine has included him among the “Best & Brightest,” Forbes among the “Names You Need to Know,” and Wired in the list of the “50 people who will change the world”.
Stefano Lambertucci, Programme Manager, Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy, European Commission (tbc)
THE EMPOWERMENT OF THE CITY
- Luca Ballarini, Founder, Stratosferica
- Luca Tricarico, Researcher, Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth – CNR National Research Council
- Dario Costi, Smart 4.0 Sustainable Lab, University of Parma
CHANGING THE PERSPECTIVE ON CITIES
- Ethel Brezzo, Nhood Group
- Yann Gozlan, Creative Valley Station F
THE GOVERNANCE OF NEW METROPOLISES
- Barbara Lori, Councilor for Territorial Planning, Construction, Housing Policies, Parks and Forestry, Equal Opportunities, International Cooperation for Development
- Municipality of Bologna (tbc)
Federico Ferrazza, Director of WIRED